The Proper Way to Wear and Remove Lenses
Posted by on
Many first time users are intimidated by contact lenses in Australia. They don’t want to place something on their eye because they fear their eyes will react adversely to it. Contact lenses are actually designed for the eye. They won’t cause irritation or feel uncomfortable. In fact, most people are surprised to find that they don’t even feel the presence of contact lenses until they start to dry out a little and contract. At Lens World, we believe that if you know how to wear and remove lenses correctly, you don’t have to worry about any problems. Here are some tips we’ve put together for you.
Things You Need
You don’t need much for wearing or removing contact lenses in Australia. However, it’s a good idea to keep a few items by your side when you wear and remove your contact lenses, including:
- Lens cleaning solution or multipurpose solution
- Lens case
- A mirror
- Mild Hand wash
How to Wear
Wearing contact lenses in Australia is surprisingly easy. You might be nervous for the first few times, but after some practice, it’ll be child’s play for you. Don’t worry if your eyes take some time to adjust, that’s normal. It takes a few tries before a person can cleanly deposit the lens on the eye. Here’s what you need to do:
- Wash your hands with mild, anti-bacterial soap thoroughly before handling the contact lenses in Australia. You want your hands to be very clean and germ free. If you don’t do this, your contact lenses will pick up the dirt and that can lead to infections. Never handle the lenses with unwashed hands.
- Sort the lenses for the right and the left eye carefully. Some people have the same prescription in both eyes, but others don’t. You might not notice the difference but if you have astigmatism in one eye, the lens won’t fit the other comfortably.
- Pick up the lens and make sure that it’s on the right side. You can test this by placing the lens on the crease of your palm and closing it part way. If the lens bends outward and sticks to the palm, it’s not on the right side.
- After that, carefully clean the lens before balancing it on the tip of your index figure. Pull the lower lid down with your middle or ring finger and pull the upper lid with the fingers on your other hand. With your eye comfortably held open, place the lens directly on the iris. You need a good, clear mirror for this. We recommend using a magnifying mirror.
How to Remove
Removing is also easy. The lenses are shaped to fit the curvature of the iris. The moment you drag it away from the iris, folds will form, allowing you to lift it. Just hold your eye open, gently place your index finger on the lens and drag it to the corner of your eye to remove it.
As you can see, wearing and removing contact lenses in Australia is very easy. If you want more information on this, you can certainly contact Lens World. We’ll be happy to help.